Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An Impossible Call

So wait? I can't even lust after another mans wife? If I do I have committed adultery? Impossible
And If someone attacked my girlfriend while I wasn't there, becoming my enemy, you want me to love them? Impossible
If you called me to sell all my possessions and leave to go to your land without a penny, you want me to actually listen?
You want me to live my every breath for you, without seeing you in the physical?And if someone spits on my face, you want me to turn my cheek? Impossible
You want me to find the positive in men hating me? You want me to make myself last in a world where the first is all anyone promotes? Impossible

Why the impossible? How am I supposed to carry this out and herald this news on the mountaintop living in the flesh with those who want nothing to do with it?
They would say well, His word says, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. I would say when was the last time you did all things through Christ?
You would say, My son, you are not fighting for the prize in a cereal box, or a gold medal in the world Games. You are not fighting for the greatest of a kingly pleasureful life. You are not fighting for tomorrow. You are fighting for the eternal soul of the man standing next to you. You are fighting to place your index finger on my Holy cheek as tears stream down your face. Your fighting for forever. The impossible is worth it.
I would say, today you have won my heart. I have a Strong feeling you will win and repeat tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jay DePoy said...

I am so humbled that God has blessed me with your ministry partnership.

Let's do this!