Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Il Miss




Il miss Preparing in a cold office on Sunday morning
I wont miss the tragedies of those close, the mourning.
Il miss the ability to take from those generous, even the candles
But I definitely wont miss those dreadful jersey Jug-handles.
Il Miss the fact that the city is almost right there.
I wont miss slight arrows in the back, and a faint blank stare.
Il miss weekly trips to Nyack and Saturday morning ball
Il definitely miss the way that you look in the fall.
Il miss people with too much money
And I wont them at the same time
Il miss those with generosity
But not those that wont give a dime.

I have a love hate with Jersey, its an interesting place
But one thing Il always miss, is your presence, your face.
The face of my parents, the presence of my boo
The face of my brother and sister, the presence of You.
You who care about me whether its Steve,Isaac or Marielle,
Whether its my friends from Nyack, or the ones that fell
The Rob's and the Bob's, the Big D's and the Tim's
Those who took me under, you know if your him.
Those who pray for me who live with me and cry
Timeless friendships, the sakdalans, with some frye's
You got Larry,Joe, Robyn, and Nancy, the list trickles on,
A bunch of Filipinos who eat soup from a pond.
Il miss the students and the ones that don't get it,
Il miss the ones that do, I give my God all the credit.
You is what Il miss, Your presence your face
You is what Il miss, not the present not the place.

And one things for sure, its only a week away
Il keep my head up, serve my God and wipe the tears away.

No comments: